Yep, here I am linking up with Friday's Fave 5 and yet again I give you another week where it is NOT Friday when I link up! You know what..... Friday's are insane so you'll just have to cope with it.
1) Tuesday morning was our last day this semester for gym at the local university. The last day of the year they always open up the movable walls and have fun stations. This means that there are TWO full size gyms opened up and WILD FUN everywhere you looked. The kids got to bowl, do obstacle courses, toss hoops in elementary sized basket ball hoops and so much more I could barely tell you what they did. They have SO MUCH FUN on their last gym day.
2) Tuesday mid-morning we were able to join the homeschool co-op for a special presentation on bees and bee keeping by the cutest bee keeper in our county (okay, so I'm biased....Hubby did the presentation). One and a half hours of him talking and taking questions, at least 40 kids newborn up through highschool and their moms and you could have heard a pin drop in the room. IT WAS A BLAST!
3) Tuesday afternoon, I taught my last botany class to the co-op. I really thought I might get sad to teach this last class. I DO (usually) enjoy teaching middle schoolers. They are my favorite age group but in hind-sight I was VERY thankful that my 4th and 5th grade class could not maintain focus and were just over-the-top SQUIRRELY!!! They made me realize that it was a very WONDERFUL RIDE but I am *SO OVER* teaching other people's children for a very long time. This responsibility along with no longer having a church home means that the only children I am responsible for educating are MY OWN!
4) Wednesday, I attended an organic gardening talk. I came home realizing that yep.... one more lecture where I learned a few things but still came home without a love of gardening. I find it so weird that my love for providing my family with lower cost (cash wise), trust worthy food over powers my incredible dislike for actually doing nearly all the work involved in getting it onto the table. Oh well. For now it is worth the sacrifice, perhaps someday I will enjoy it. Actually, now and then I do feel a bit of pride in the physical work, but usually it comes post shower and Bath & Body Works lotion application). :)
5) Friday was the homeschool Track & Field Day. There were 143 kids pre-registered. The kids are divided into same sex and same age *Heats*. They have an adult team leader that leads them from one event to the other. Events Include: Bean Bag Toss, Shot Put, Trail run, 50 yard dash, jump rope, gut buster (holding legs up straight at an angle through ropes), 3 legged race, obstacle course, soccer dribble course, long jump. This year I worked the long jump for 1 hr and 45 minutes. I HAD NO IDEA HOW SORE I WOULD BE THE FOLLOWING DAY!!!! I HAD NO IDEA that when I showed group after group how to jump, how to fall, how not to fall that I was using my thighs SO MUCH!!! The following day I could not sit nor rise without pushing or pulling myself with my arms! Two days later, I still feel my thighs but I can move without thinking myself through the process. OY! It was A GREAT DAY!! WE LOVE Track and Field Day (but are thankful that it is not a weekly event)!!!
6) Flash back to LAST Sunday. We visited our first church in our church shopping adventure (I'll write more about why we are shopping later if you desire.....AND BEG)! First visit in over 2 years and they sidestepped my parental authority on a VERY LARGE issue and how it pertains to my children.............AND.................. (sitting down??) right after I told someone "yeah, we just left a church plant we were a part of" I was asked "OH!!! So, we'd love it if you would want to teach children's Sunday School!! Ummm, first off you JUST met me. Second, you don't know anything about my religious or personal background other than what I have told you (more than I meant to but not much). Third, I JUST told you we LEFT a church plant..... most people need space after LEAVING a church and fourth, IT'S MY FIRST VISIT!!! YIKES!! I was saddened too because this church is a denomination that generally an okay fit for this Mennonite family and it is only 4 miles away from home. The Sunday school teachers totally love on my kids too which I LOVE to see but obviously either the lady talking to me is not stable or this church is more unhealthy than I suspected it might be. Anyway, the church shopping adventure shall continue. (I opted to NOT subject myself to Mother's Day at any church.... we went to McDonald's Playland and then bowling with grandma instead!)
So that is my very belated Friday Fave 5. If you'd like to read other entries in this Meme click here.