Unfortunately the website does not have sample pages. :( That is super sad. I think she would sell more copies if it did. I went ahead and made the purchase blindly. The ebook is 49 pages, is wonderfully organized and costs only $4.99.
- Dedication page
- Introduction: Where Amanda White shares how she developed this book and why.
- How to Use this Book Page: Is very helpful at sharing what each day is about.
- Full Supply List
- Daily Supply List
- The Daily Pages: Each page is organized in the exact same way.
- READ IT TOGETHER: the passage for the day.
- MAKE IT TOGETHER: step by step instructions for the ornament of the day and pretty pictures of the crafts.
- TALK ABOUT IT TOGETHER: Offers thoughts and questions to gently talk about while you are crafting.
- DO MORE TOGETHER: offers extra activities to take the lesson one step further.
- Alternative Schedule Suggestions that help you slim it down to just characters, just basics, chronologically and prophecy.
- An About the Author Page.
- Extra printables needed for a few of the crafts
- EASY Advent Paper Chains (print, cut a rectangle, fold and staple!)
- And Square Advent Clues that you can use if you are lucky enough to have Advent boxes or a refillable Advent Candle.
Light: a see through stained glass effect candle
Kingdom: a crown
Mary/Elizabeth: paper dolls
Joseph's Dream: a pillow ISN'T THAT CUTE!!
a stable, a manger, a cute sheep, an eye-spy craft, and crafts for all the main characters of the story!
These crafts are super easy. There is nothing in the supply list that most homes with children don't already have. The guidance through the scriptures and the discussion ideas are super helpful.
What I like most, you know--other than the above, is that this study is not preachy.
Yep, I am a pastor's wife but I find more often than I like that biblical lessons are often speckled with harsher, preaching that I often find inappropriate for children. Sometimes I even find that the theological point of view is upsetting to me because it portrays a different opinion than what we follow and often it comes with a "you must believe XYZ or you are a substandard, incorrect person" attitude.
THIS STUDY IS GENTLE, IT STICKS TO THE STORY AND IS NOT ANY MORE PREACHY THAN THE BIBLICAL STORY ITSELF AS READ WORD FOR WORD.
I LOVE THAT!!!
If you are one who wants to teach your children the Word but want to leave all the subtexts, interpretation arguments and debates for Adult group discussions, this is a great Advent Lesson!
Check it out today.
Disclaimer: I reviewed this ebook because it made me excited! I paid for it and received nothing free for this write up. (Cause I'm sweet like that!)